Wednesday, July 30, 2008

When in Rome...

Alright, so Madrid was pretty sweet. It was a really lazy few days, which was a nice break from the frantic pace of Paris. The first full day we were there, we basically walked around and saw the big plazas- Plaza Mayor and Puerto del Sol- as well as the royal palace and cathedral. We also had some great tapas and sangria. The next day was quite lazy. We slept in, ate lunch, went to Parque del Retiro (like Central Park for Madrid) and slept some more. We slept so long that we couldn't even make it to the Prado! I know, I know. We're bad.

Anway, this 'morning' (3 AM), we woke up and hopped on a plane to Rome, which is where I am sitting right now. My initial reactions are that the pizza is not that good, but the city is pretty neat. We're sort of taking it easy today, because several of us seem to be getting sick and exhausted. So we'll be napping this afternoon and then we will be seeing some of the sights tonight.

This trip is making me more and more excited about study abroad. I can't wait to actually be in a city for more than a few days! Vienna will be incredible. I'm also glad that this trip is making it so my culture shock and jet lag will be long gone by the time I get there.

Living out of a backpack is getting to be easier and easier. It's still a little frustrating and at times very smelly, but I'm getting my system down.

I would really love to hear from people! Comment and tell me how life is going! I feel a little disconnected right now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So offence, but you are always kinda smelly :-).

That really pisses me off about the pizza...

Flip off the pope for me!

Unknown said...

You missed seeing the Prado!? Aarrggh! :-) That's okay - I saw lots of museums in DC over the weekend, so the cosmic "museum tour" average has been maintained. Ciao!

Anonymous said...

so good to hear from you again, bethany! thank you for very good reporting of your travels from far away places. take care, rest up and we'll stay tuned in. love from g and g o.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to be there!!!!

Pita pit is driving me crazy...AHHH!!!

NEVER, never let me work there again!!!

Is that familiar sounding enough for you? :) <3

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're having a great time! (But I have to say that it is a little disappointing that you missed the Prado, but that's just me):)

And you are missing out on Veronica's ranting phone calls on her way to pita pit. Although I am sure she will fill you in on Sonny's latest attempts to drug her when you see her :)