Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Ich bin ein Hamburger

As you know, Stephen and I just got back from Hamburg, Germany. I was there visiting Janne (former foreign exchange student of ours) and Barbara (his mom). Erin and I stayed there for a couple of months in the summer of 2000. It was really a good time. We got to go all over Hamburg (the port, Michaelis Kirche, Reeperbahn, etc.), go on a boat ride, and spend a lot of quality time catching up with old friends. This has made me very excited to go visit Ben in Zurich in 3 weeks.

To see pics from Hamburg, click here.

Let's see. What else can I tell you about this last week that will be minorly entertaining to you? I had midterms this last week. I did well on all but my International Business exam. Hope I atleast passed it. Thank god my grades while abroad don't transfer into my GPA at GW!

Halloween also went down. Me and my friends all got dressed up and went out on the town. It was fun b/c while European have heard of Halloween, they don't actually celebrate it. So we got stared at a lot.

I also did a successful (in that I didn't break my neck) back flip thingy at trampoline class. This week, I'll try a real front flip.

I registered for classes today at GW. The last time I will ever do that. I will be taking German 10, Business German, International Organizations, The New Testament, The History of Two Germanys and the Cold War, and a jogging class.

These next few days should be pretty fun. Tonight, I am going to an all night election party with the Vienna chapter of the "Democrats Abroad". Yay free food and CNN! Em is coming on Saturday and will be here until Wednesday. Yay!

Hope that was at least slightly entertaining...

3 comments:

Gary said...

I, for one, was highly entertained by your post. And by the some of the interesting - and scary - Halloween photos. Janne doesn't look like he has changed one bit.

A "jogging" class at GW? Given tuition there, the cost per mile will be obscenely high. :-)

Well, enjoy your fancy front flipping, I will look forward to being further entertained by your next post, whether from Zurich or some other exotic location. Tschuess, kleine Baer!

Emily McKnight said...

yay me!

I can't wait to see you :)

and I was entertained!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU AGAIN, BETHANY, FOR ANOTHER OF YOUR VERY INTERESTING, ENTERTAINING, AND INFORMATIVE TRAVELOGUES. GOOD PHOTOS FROM HAMBURG, LOOKS LIKE WINTER HAS ARRIVED THERE AS IT HAS HERE, BRRR!LOVE FROM ACROSS THE MILES AND "THE BIG POND" G AND G O.